Titan International, Inc., a global leading wheel and tire assembly manufacturer for the agriculture, construction, forestry and mining markets, is seeking a Tire Builder to join our team at our Titan Tire Corporations facility in Des Moines, IA. The primary function of this position (Tire Builder) is to assemble in accordance with technical specs in order to achieve total customer satisfaction in the area of quality and on-time delivery.
- Will receive Spec and FPC sheet containing a check list for the assigned tire building machine.
- Check machine and building materials for approved tolerance.
- Will use foot pedals and hands simultaneously to assemble carcass.
- Need to be able to inspect each carcass for defects.
- Construct tire carcass to technical and general specifications.
- Build to the goal that is set for each catalog number.
- Maintain the Tire Floor equipment in order to continue proper operation.
- Follow safety instruction and maintain the Tire Floor along with related equipment in a safe manner.
- Report or correct immediately all equipment malfunctions, unsafe equipment and acts, material/product deviations to supervisor.
- Report upkeep of equipment and quality assurance to supervisor
- Keep a clean and safe work area throughout your shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or general education (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that performs the essential function of this position.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical specifications.
- Must be able to pass certified safety screening.
- This position may require lifting bulky objects and up to 75 lbs or more.
- Pushing/pulling wheeled racks
- Full range of motion required: cervical, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, hands, knees, feet.
- Working Conditions: 100% inside, will be exposed to moderate noise, slight vibrations, moving mechanical parts, possible burns, electric shock, chemicals, odors, dust, heights, narrow access areas.
- Must follow safety rules and safe practices to prevent injury to self and others.
Personal Proctive Equipment Required:
Hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes. Other safety equipment as assigned.
How to Apply
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace