2nd or 3rd Shift Quality Technician
The Quality Technician is the primary Quality Assurance floor contact. The main responsibility is to assure that quality procedures are being followed and that product conformance and quality standards are assured and meets the customer's expectation. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties.
Essential Functions- Will ensure assembly line inspectors are stamping their parts.
- Will ensure the latest drawings and manufacturing specifications sheets are being used and any special instructions (such as Quality Alerts) are being followed.
- Ensure all gauges specifies are being used and that they are currently calibrated.
- Will ensure you are approving first piece where there is no inspector.
- Will ensure loads are properly identified.
- Will determine cause of quality problems.
- Will initiate corrective action.
- Follow through to ensure rejects are taken care of properly and complete.
- Make sure corrective action is taken and effective.
- Will help train new inspectors and make sure they are doing their job properly.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications- Associates degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Prefer three (3) years' technical training.
- Manufacturing and/or quality assurance experience, preferred.
- Certification through American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Quality Technician, desirable.
- Strong quality assurance background working with measurements and calibration of parts.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawing and specifications.
- Ability to write and work from detailed technical or functional specifications.
- Proven mathematical skills in shop algebra and trigonometry.
Must follow safety rules and safe practices to prevent injury to self and others. Must wear all required safety equipment and/or tools required for this position. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are requires. Other safety equipment as assigned.
How to Apply
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace