Fabric Calender Mill Operator
The Primary function of the Fabric Calender Mill Operators is to oversee the supplying of fabric to upper and lower calenders and to mill and cut down stocks according to specifications. Why Titan? • Historically stable company • Industry leader in tires, wheels and custom mixing • Excellent starting wages • Career advancement opportunities • Multiple shift and overtime opportunities • Low health insurance premiums Benefits • Employer-matched 401(k) Retirement Plan • Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision) • Life Insurance (company provided) • Short/Long-term Disability Insurance • Tuition Reimbursement (up to $3,000/year) • Employee Discounts • Wellness Programs • Titan University • Paid Vacation Days (after 120 days of employment) • Paid Birthday day off • Quality Bonus paid annually
- Test all safety devices at start of shift, adjust cooling water valves to maintain proper mill roll temperature.
- Set mill gauges and adjust oil valves as required. Set mill knives as required. Follow proper shutdown and start-up procedures for mill.
- Remove stock samples, mark samples as required.
-Work and blend stocks as specified.
- Check and maintain mills and strip conveyors as required.
- Assist team in operation of equipment to maintain a continuous production process.
- Responsible for all stocks used and all stock stored.
- Identify and mark stocks as specified.
- Operate and maintain lift/fork trucks and mills to provide continuous operations.
- Take inventory of materials as required and fill out any necessary report forms as required.
- Report or correct immediately all equipment malfunctions, unsafe equipment and acts, material/product deviations to supervisor.
Qualifications- High School diploma and/or general education (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that performs the essential functions of this position.
- Must obtain and maintain certification for forklift operation and pre-shift hoist inspections.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application below (if you don't see the application, make sure you've clicked "OK" on the Website Cookie Declaration on the top of the page.)
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace