Category: Engineering, Manufacturing • Location: Illinois (Quincy)
Titan International, Inc., a global leading wheel and tire assembly manufacturer for the agriculture, construction, forestry and mining markets is seeking a Welding Engineer to join our team. The Welding Engineer plans and performs welding on various types of equipment. This position is responsible for developing solutions to production problems related to welding. Will support customers, product design, tool design and shop personnel. This person will also develop new processes, troubleshoot existing processes and recommend purchase of new welding equipment.
- Design, procure and implement fabrication, welding and assembly systems and associated tooling.
- Responsible for continual improvement of process and product quality.
- Responsible for methods improvement and cost reductions.
- Will be responsible for project performance measurements.
- Work with production personnel to improve quality and productivity through the use of statistical techniques, process control plans, and in-process instructions.
- Will oversee program and maintain robotic weld cells.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on welding concepts and tooling.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling, and production control for new welding programs.
- Set up new welding equipment, ensure its satisfactory operation, and instruct others to use the new equipment properly.
- Assist production personnel in troubleshooting welding problems.
- Assist in training of production set-up personnel in the proper set-up and operation of welding equipment.
- Will give welding tests to welding personnel and certify welding personnel in accordance with the Titan's Welding Program and will assist in the training of the welding personnel to become certified as required.
- Assist the product design engineer and the customer in the development of new products.
- Recommend new technology for company applications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related area, (BSWE) required, and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Minimum (2) two years of related experience.
- Formal training in robotic system preferred. Metal fabrication and arc welding experience.
- Hands-on experience in tooling methods.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Working knowledge of CAD and CAM technology.
- Experience in automated welding.
- Experience in analytical troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills and descision making.
- Good communication and personal skills.
How to Apply
If you feel you would be a successful candidate for this position, please send your resume to Todd Triplett, HR Manager at Todd.Triplett@titan-intl.com
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace