Category: Manufacturing • Location: Iowa (Des Moines)
The Electrical Technician is responsible for the electrical work and installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures. Responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with the standard practices of the electrical trade. Instructions relating to work assignments may be oral or written and may be accompanied by sketches or blueprints. Work may be performed independently or under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. May have to instruct or oversee workers in this class. Works with minimal supervision. Uses independent judgement and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a degree of confidentiality in all aspects of its nature.
- Capable of designing engineering electrical circuits, controls and wiring, particularly electronic circuits for new installations and upgrading existing installations.
- May write specifications for the purchase of components working with vendors to determine compatibility at the lowest price.
- May have to attend school, seminars to keep up with the latest technologies.
- May instruct to oversee the installation, troubleshooting and repair of electrical installation.
- May have to perform hand on work.
- Will install, alter, maintain and repair electrical wiring systems, fixtures, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Locates, analyze and corrects power failures, short circuits and electrical related problems.
- Will perform work that requires a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- May start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown (lockout/tagout) and in compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Must take responsibility in notifying management of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
- May be subject to emergency calls in which night shifts and weekend work may be required.
- Must be able to maintain the highest standards of excellence for safety, housekeeping and quality in compliance with all codes and regulations.
- Will ensure the confidentiality and privacy of the company.
- Will perform other duties as required.
- Credited technical school or apprenticeship preferred; and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Two (2) years' Technical education in electronics and/or five (5) years' related experience.
- Must be able to logically engineer, design, draw schematics, troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic equipment efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills, a must. Excellent troubleshooting skills and repair.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret maintenance manuals and technical information. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient with electronic and PLC Technology and programming. Must be familiar with electrical theory, NEC Codes, OSHA standards, and other governing agency requirements.
- Must be experienced with voltage up to 480 volts three phase.
- Experience in working in an industrial environment.
- Computer skill and PLC programming, a plus; Auto-CAD drawing of circuit boards.
- Considerable knowledge of the practice, methods, tools, equipment, and materials of the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes; knowledge of the occupational hazards of the electrical trade and the necessary safety precautions.
- Skills in the use and care of tools and equipment of the electrical trade.
- Skill in locating and adjusting defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to read and interpret sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- This position may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs or more.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to: Titan Tire Corporation, Attn: HR Manager, 2345 E. Market St., PO Box 1616, Des Moines, IA 50306 or email to Michael.Gerlach@titan-intl.com
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace. Background check and drug screen required.
We offer competitive wages, exceptional medical/dental insurance, 401K, and paid holiday/vacations.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V employer
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace